Theatr Twm o’r Nant
Hydref/Autumn 2018 – Gwanwyn/Spring 2019
Be sy ‘mlaen/What’s on
1) Thursday 15th, Friday 16th and Saturday 17th November at 7pm. Phoenix Players perform a murder mystery ‘Practice to Deceive’ by Norman Robbins. The gruesome discovery of several dead bodies on the moor sparks a police investigation and a heavy media presence in a remote Yorkshire town. When Adrian Brooks shows up at Jessica Scanlon’s cottage, it is with another line of enquiry in mind as his sister Laura has disappeared. Jessica’s friend Etta has also gone missing. A mysterious suicide, an elaborate insurance scam and the arrival of crime writer Diana Wishart create further layers of intrigue. Tickets £7, £5 concessions available from https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/phoenixplayersdenbigh or 01745 550374 or at Denbigh Library or at the door. Doors open 7pm. (This amateur production is presented by special arrangement with Samuel French Ltd.)
2) Friday 30 November at 7.30. ‘Margaret and the Tapeworm’ performed by Theatr Triongl; doors open 7pm Tickets £10 from 01745 812349 or 07792315723. A unique and heart-warming Christmas comedy about how we all need companionship whether we are human or not! Young, sophisticated Margaret, new to the city and looking for love unknowingly ingests a talking tapeworm at the office Christmas buffet. Together they go on a festive journey of karaoke bars and late-night shopping while Amber, the office chatterbox who’s found herself alone this Christmas follows closely behind. As Christmas day draws nearer and their paths cross we see how we can find connections in the most unexpected places. Set against the backdrop of an office Christmas party join the characters for a glass of sherry, a mince pie and a Christmas show with heart and humour unlike any you will have seen before! Night Out supported.
3) Monday 17th, Tuesday 18th, Wednesday 19th, Friday 21st at 7.30pm and Saturday 22nd December at 1pm and 5.30pm, Denbigh Musical Theatre Company perform their annual Panto ‘Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs’. Tickets: adults £8; child and senior £6; family £24 from 01745 812919.
4) Friday 22nd February Denbigh Plum presents Steve Knightly in a folk and acoustic concert. Steve is the singer songwriter from the duo Show of Hands who have had five sell-out concerts in the Albert Hall. Tickets £18. Doors open 7pm; concert starts at 7.30. Tickets from E Jones & Sons Electric Shop, 01745 812814 or firstname.lastname@example.org Proceeds towards the Denbigh Plum Group.
5) Saturday 30th March “Tŷhai”, performs an exciting Indo-Celtic collaboration between Rajesh David, Indian vocalist, Pete Stacey, on saxophone and flute, and guitar virtuoso Dylan Fowler in a musical adventure that travels from the airs and dance melodies of Wales and the Celtic world to the ragas and rhythms of India. Each of them is a Welsh speaker, with varying degrees of fluency. This is part of the tour launching their new CD. http://tyhaimusic.wixsite.com/tyhai Tickets £10 from 01745 812349 or Shop Clwyd 813431 or 07792315723 Night Out supported.